Monday, February 23, 2009

Preschool Drama...

Today I laughed out loud and probably shouldn't have but wait till you hear...

So just as a background. My little preschooler has acquired a few girlfriends. Now both he and I are thinking they are just friends that are girls. That is until today. As I picked him up from school we were going over the usual questions and he was telling me about the friends he has been playing with when he mentioned Jada. Now according to Stephen she became his girlfriend when he told her she had pretty hair but then today she told him that she wants to break up. (He has been paying too much attention to other little girls). Stephen didn't understand why she keeps telling him that and what "breaking up" means. He just thought they were friends.(which is exactly what I want him to think about when it comes to girls...at least until he's 18 :))
I will save the whole boyfriend/girlfriend talk for another time. (I mean he is only 5)I am just starting to wonder how long I can hold off on giving it?
I find it funny how kids are already talking about the opposite sex at such a young age. But what can I say the kid does have some sweet moves...just check it out....

1 comments:

Valerie said...

Stephen and Jada sitting in a tree... I can't believe they start thinking of that stuff at 5.
What days will you be here? Will you have time to stop and see Alyssa and I. We could always take the kids to the park. Let me know I would love to see you.