Friday, February 6, 2009

How I lost the Faith....

So it all started one morning when I went to drive Stephen to school and spotted a flat tire. Thinking I could handle the situation by myself I thought I would take the tire in to get patched while Matt was still in school. So I thought hmmm Walmart is pretty cheap...I'll go there. So with our spare (which is a regular old tire) on our car I drove to Walmart and explained that I had a tire in the trunk that needed patched up and then put back on in place of the spare. Well they later came to me and told me that I needed to new front tires and that my old tires were "down to the nubs". So trusting in them I bought two tires and left. Well I told Matt the situation and it turns out we had just bought new tires not even two years ago and Matt insisted that our tires were fine. So when Matt got home he went to Walmart and was pretty upset because he thought they had conned me. It turns out that they measured the tread on my spare tire (which is I admit aweful) and based on those calculations assumed I needed new tires. So they had to refund us for the new tires and fix the patch in our other tire. The old guy who sold it to me was not happy at all. (Turns out the tire they patched went flat again the next day. We went to Pep Boys this time and only bought one new tire)
Then just yesterday I had to get some things at Walmart. Well the kids left the interior lights on in the car so when I came out of Walmart my car wouldn't start. I knew I would have to go to the tire center and have them jump the car. I just prayed that old man wasn't there who we dealt with previously. Well just my luck he was and he said he would be the one to jump start my car...(this was a very awkward situation for me) He was nice enough and got my car running again. I was really grateful. After it was running he told me that my car battery was leaking acid and that if I didn't get it fixed that day it wouldn't start for me in the morning.(I know we had only had our battery for a year and a half so again I thought hmmmm) So instead of taking it to him I took the car to Pep Boys again. They told me the battery was working great and that I didn't need a new one. They then cleaned off the corrosion that was on the cables and did this all for free.
So after being wrong not once but twice about my car I have lost all faith in our local Walmart tire center. But I have come to really like Pep boys!

0 comments: