Thursday, October 23, 2008

The HAMMER RUN....

My brother Orrin and I ran a 5 miler in the summer and I am finally getting around to posting it. It was fun running with him! I had to laugh because about three miles into the race I started to slow down a little and I just told him to keep going and he says are you sure? And are you going to be okay? I wanted to remind him this is a race!! But he is very considerate of others and a great brother. He also knitted us both matching sweat bands. We were defintaley styling!! We did so well in the race (or just maybe there were few particpants) that we both won a hammer (mine was more of a mallet) and so far it has come in very handy with recently moving. After the run all the runners were rewarded with a free pancake breakfast, but the thought of food just was not appetizing. It ended up being my fastest 5 mile pace coming in in 38 minutes and something seconds. Not to bad for this old mom.

2 comments:

The Marti Party said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kluane said...

Wow, that's impresive time!! You rock!! I started running again last week, it feels good not to have a big belly in the way now (not to mention actually being able to breathe:)