Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Trying to Catch Up Once Again.

For our family end of the summer fun trip we all went to Busch Gardens. (For those of you who don't know Busch Gardens is a very nice and clean theme park.) Jack and Stephen were tall enough to ride on almost all of the rides and to our suprise they really like a lot of the grown up rollar coasters (such as the big bad wolf). Before we got there I let them look at pictures of rides on the computer and they really wanted to go to the Haunted House Ride (DarkCastle) and so we went and they were terrified of it. After it was over they didn't want to go near it again. Too bad because it was one of my favorite rides. Everything was in 3-D and I think I screamed through most of it, so they were justified in being scared.




Matt recently celebrated his birthday and it was so nice for both of us. We got a babysitter and got to see a movie and have dinner! It has been about 7 months since our last date so it was much needed. We also had cake with the kids and Matt just wanted a boring vanilla cake with vanilla frosting, but it was his birthday so his choice.



It is crazy that we now have a little boy in Kindergarten. I can't be happier though with Stephen's school. I was a little suprised to realize how sad it is that he is going to school everday now and seems so much more grown up. I was excited for him to start because I knew he needed it and would love it and then I have time to do schoolwork, but both Jack and I miss him!

On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Jack gets to go to preschool and he absolutely loves it. Everday he wakes up and asks if it is a school day and then gets really excited when it is. This is his first adventure without his big brother and he is learning how to make his own friends now. On Tuesdays and Thursdays he gets to be with just me and it is so fun to get to know him better. He is so lovable. Right now he is singing "life is a highway to me (from the lightning mcqueen show)." (except he is saying life is a hallway...)

0 comments: