Friday, September 25, 2009

Getting my kids to read!

So I realize I need to work on getting my kids to read. They know all the letter sounds but just don't put the words together. They know some staple words but just haven't grasped the concept. Well since Stephen started school I have more time with Jack and I have started this book called 100 easy lessons in getting your child to read. We have just read up to lesson 5 so far and I can see vast improvements! I just have to post because I am so excited! He is sounding out small words and I love it! He might learn to read before Stephen does! So for those of you who just don't know how to go about teaching your children to read I strongly recommend this book!



My good friend Chelsey recommended this book to me and I am so grateful!

4 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

THIS IS THE BOOK WE USE TOO! I absolutely love it. So easy to use and gets them reading so quickly. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Kluane said...

I love this book. We're on lesson 30, so far so good. I'm excited because Kaiden has started reading a lot of words by sight now. Good luck!

Shannon said...

That is awesome-and I am glad you put it up, we will lok into it and use it too!

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

This book is amazing!! I used in on Nicolas. He started Kindergarten this year at a first grade reading level. Now we are doing it on Juls who is almost 4 and hopefully soon she will be reading. Its AMAZING!!

Congrats on the new calling! You are going to do a fabulous job! We are so excited for you. The kids sure are lucky to have you guiding them!
I was blog hopping, hope you dont mind I saw yours :)
Jenn Mabie

Send me your email address and I will give you an invite to ours.