Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just Our Luck...

So I was looking forward to posting a picture of me standing seductively in front of our new car but unfortunately I never got the chance. Yesterday Matt, I and the kids were driving home in the right lane when a guy in the left lane decided he wanted to make a right turn at the intersection from his lane. Well he had to cut across our lane to do it and we didn't have enough time to brake and ran into the rear passenger side of his car. Luckily everyone had their seatbelts on and the kids were fine. Although Stephen and Jack were almost in tears because they didn't want our new red car to have a dent like our white car does. They think dents are ugly apparently. I reassured them the car would be fixed back to normal and they calmed down. Both cars had to be towed but we had some awesome friends that came and picked us up to take us home. They have been so amazingly helpful since we have moved here. I managed to get a picture of the part of the car after the crash. I have to foolishly admit though that when taking the photo I was thinking of using it more for blog purposes instead of insurance purposes...Matt laughed at me for that one.



In case your curious the other person's insurance should cover everything.

2 comments:

Outnumbered said...

yikes! i'm glad you are all okay. turning right from the left lane, huh? That seems to be common in Virginia!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Glad you are all safe! I often find myself thinking oh, that would be a great blog post I have to get a picture. Lame. Yes I am.