Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Follow up on "The Great Fall From the Bleachers"

So as mentioned in the last post Jack fell from the bleachers onto concrete while watching Stephen's baseball game. I was back and forth on if I should take him to the emergency room and opted not to because he seemed completely fine and I didn't have a car. So anyway after Matt came back and we packed up our house and then drove to stay a couple of weeks with my sister we realized Jack would cradle his arm whenever he would run and was really favoring it...
So a week after the incident I finally got him to the emergency room in Cleveland and turns out he broke his collar bone. They couldn't find the break with the x-rays but there was a definate bump and the way he was favoring it they were sure it was broke. I felt incredibly sick to my stomach when they were asking Jack if he felt safe at home!! Not my proudest parenting moment!

The funny part of this whole story is they were going to send me home without a brace or anything since they could not find the actual break in the x-rays. Well we were about set to leave and then Jack needed to use the restroom. While I was taking him to the restroom my sister was talking to the doctor and mentioned that my husband is a lawyer and we were in the process of moving. Well when I came out of the bathroom they ended up strapping a brace on him and telling me he needed to wear it for six weeks....hmmmm.
I really want to post pics of his brace I just have to unpack the cord from the camera...

3 comments:

April and Cody said...

I'm glad you are back! We missed you at our little get together let us know when you can really do it!!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

I told you months ago to quit beating your children! Just kidding- glad he is okay though. I'm just waiting for our first broken bone. And oh ya I totally forgot to call you that day....no excuses....I'm just a loser!

Crystal said...

Glad to have you back!! I missed reading your blog. I'm glad Jack's ok - though it could happen to any of us. I would probably be the one who rushed him to the emergency room and spend $1000 for nothing!!!