Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Over a Week of being Sober....

I just wanted to post my little accomplishment! It has been 1 week and 3 days since I have last had a Diet Pepsi. So proud.
How the addiction started:
I never liked Pepsi until I was married and my husband was always drinking it. I started by taking little sips of his and then it got to the point where I needed one everday.
The Turning Point:
While watching the Biggest loser one night with my husband they talked about the effects of diet soda and how it can add weight to your middle. So I am hoping my middle improves!
The Struggle Continues:
It still is hard for me when seeing my husband pull a diet Pepsi out of the fridge and then hearing that crisp click as he opens it and then feeling my mouth all water up....Just walk away....and keep walking...

4 comments:

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

I am seriously proud of you. I am addicted too but I only allow myself one per day. Congrats on being sober- maybe someday I will have the guts to join you!

Outnumbered said...

You have more willpower than me!!! I tried to give up soda for lent and it seriously lasted 24 hours.

Valerie said...

Rob's done it before, but it's so hard for him. I finally posted the pics of your visit. Now you can have them.

Crystal said...

Way to go Amelia!! I know how tough it can be, I was addicted to Pepsi and quit when I was 16. It was soooooo hard!! But now, I just don't look back and haven't had any in over 10 years. So keep going, you can do it!