Sunday, March 29, 2009

One Great Weekend!!

The weekend started off with a great relaxing day with the family. We got to spend the day at the park, then go on a run with the kids, and then dinner and a movie. We all ended up going to see Monsters Vs. Aliens and it was hilarious. All the way home we were laughing as the kids quoted their favorite parts. It is amazing how good their memories are as I listened to them quote scenes line for line. We usually have family movie nights on Fridays but pick a rental instead so this was a treat for all of us. Our favorite monster is Bob (the blue one with no brain)
<

Saturday I got up early and headed to the church to set up for our primary activity. (I got put in as the primary president back in December) We were having an early Easter party where the kids made their own baskets, did the easter story, and had an Egg hunt. Also to promote reverence in church they have been getting reverent dollars that they save up to spend at our quarterly activities in the reverence store filled with toys. (I had fun picking out all the toys to sell in the store!!)It was so fun to see them getting all excited to spend their money and go on the egg hunt. I made cupcakes for the kids to buy also and some table decorations. I got the cupcake idea from foodnetwork.com and the flower centerpieces from familyfun.com. I really enjoy the kids (even though it is exhausting and challenging at times). It amazes me how quickly you grow to love each one individually...Okay I will stop with the mushy stuff...Here is how it turned out (I didn't post pics of a lot of the kids up close on the blog due to privacy reasons.) After the party Stephen had is first baseball practice and his Dad got asked to be the Assistant Coach. If my camera had not died you could see just how incredibly handsome my husband is while coaching. (By the way I got a new camera...I will not smash this one's screen by slamming the trunk lid on it!) After practice the Missionaries came for dinner and then to top the night off Matt watched Twilight with me. (he thought it was okay but laughed histerically when Edward put Bella on his back and started to run "super speed" I must admit it does look really funny!)Overall it really was One Great Weekend....

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

You are so creative! I love the cupcakes and the flowers, they turned out so cute!

Kimberly said...

The cupcakes turned out really cute. You are amazing...

Crystal said...

What a fun weekend! Those cupcakes are so cute~ I'm going to have to try making them. By the way - Danny had the same reaction to Twilight. Kind of hard to enjoy it as much while someone is snickering or saying - oh, so now they're in love, huh?