Thursday, April 15, 2010

Did I ever tell you...

HOW EXTREMELY AMAZING I AM!! (spread the word)

Why? You might ask.

Well besides the fact that I have been getting up to go running at 6:30 in the morning, I apparently am EXTREMELY AMAZING at retrieving my car keys that somehow (wink) got locked inside the car. (which I discovered after the run)
With the strength of me and this other EXTREMELY AMAZING friend we lodged a metal bar in between the door and the car and then got two metal hangers and stretched them out, making metal loops at the end. With one hanger we used it to pop the door handle out a little and the other one looped the handle and pulled the door open.
It was really pretty clever.



There were m&ms in the car so the kids were excited too when we got the car opened.

The tools we used to conquer the task. (Thanks Shannon for the pics)


The part I enjoy remembering is when one of my friends neighbors showed up to help and he looked at us and what we were doing and said he was very impressed.
He said he thought he was going to be a hero and come and help some damsels in distress when really we educated him. Well it was fun to see his reaction when we got it open.

I was so excited to get it open and so I called my husband to brag.
His comment, "I'd be impressed if you hadn't locked the keys in the car in the first place."

I choose not to reflect on that part of the story.
So I am EXTREMELY AMAZING! Right?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

soooo amazing!!! hahahaha-funniest thing i have experinced in a LONG time! i am sending you the pics today so can post a pic with this fabulous post! and yes, i have known you are A-MA-ZING!

kelleen said...

totally amazing--I think I would have just gone to a neighbors house and whined for help. Way to go being so handy!!!

R B, Dawna and Jen said...

Amelia, we have always that you were amazing