Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Awesome Weekend


I had the perfect Saturday this weekend. About 2 weeks ago a friend and I decided to run a half marathon in two weeks and decided that we should do a 12 mile run to see if we were in good enough shape to do so. I was really worried because I have only been running 4-6 miles a couple times a week but I survived and really enjoyed it! After the run I had to hurry home and had about 10 minutes to get ready for a big Easter egg hunt at another good friends house. (This girl and her husband are awesome they do this annual Easter Egg hunt every year for friends and family) Even though none of the Reddingtons found the big golden egg (that contained a gift card for $20) We enjoyed the hunt, friends and yummy cookies and punch.



The other good part about Saturday was that I didn't have to worry about preparing a sharing time or controlling 70 children in one confined space. (Although for some odd reason I really do enjoy my calling) I got to sit and listen to conference with my family.
Last week at the end of church I handed out conference bingo cards with m&ms for the kids and I was shocked that when the Saturday session of conference came on Stephen came running into the room telling us to pause conference and rewind it to the beginning. He didn't want to miss any of it while he was getting his bingo card. I highly recommend bingo cards for conference my kids sat through the whole first session. Although I did hear comments on how long it was (little did they know there were still 3 more sessions.)
Overall it was enjoyable.
After all of conference was over we all went to eat at Johnny Rockets that recently opened by us. When we got there they were having a old car show and so we got to walk around and look at all these old fashioned cars.
We also bought the kids milkshakes and Stephen thought they were the best thing ever. (I have made him milkshakes before apparently I am not that good at it)
It was definitely a good Saturday.
Sunday the boys woke up excited to find eggs hidden all over the house (although they had been to 3 other egg hunts prior to ours) and were very excited to find that some of them contained money! They also were excited about the games the Easter Bunny brought (connect 4x4 and battleship) We all ended up watching more conference, playing games, dying easter eggs and enjoying a delicious ham that we shared with our neighbor.
Just an all around good weekend.
Now back to the grind...only 4 weeks left of school...Wahoo!!

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like such a fun Easter! I'm going to have to try the Conference Bingo thing, if it gets the kids through even one session then it's amazing!! PS - I'm so jealous of your beautiful spring pictures!! Ours all have snow in them.