Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dreaded the Snow, But turns out it can be a good thing!








































































I was a little sad when I first heard about this big snow storm we were suppose to have. I am ready for spring and warm weather (I know, I know it is still January). But it turned out to be well needed.

After enduring a tough week of school and not getting in much family time, a nice storm was perfect to force us to be together. I have night classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night and I had a Primary meeting and a basketball game Thursday and Friday night. (By the way who knew Church Ball could be so fun!)

So the kids were begging for some family time! Plus I was able to deep clean (much needed) a little and catch up on laundry.

The kids were really excited about the snow so we pulled out our big sled and ran them up and down the street taking shifts pulling the rope. We probably looked crazy, but the kids told me "this is the best day ever." So I think they enjoyed it.

Also, my little brag moment:
I googled myself to see how many times I have been published for the articles I've written for my new class. It was exiting to see that all the articles I have written have been published by different newspapers around the area, some of the articles multiple times. So all this crazy busy time does show some accomplishment.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun! That is awesome that you are getting published!!! Now I'm going to go google you too just so I can read what you are writing!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

I'm so ready for spring.... but this looks like fun.... will you pull me down the road?:) When are you coming in May? I want to see you!

R B, Dawna and Jen said...

We are proud of you Amelia we knew you would do well. Kids look like they are enjoying the snow. Running up and the street should have been good exercise. Love Mom

Jones Family said...

Congrats on your articles!!! Why didn't you send them around? :)

Carrie said...

Man all I can say is Matt is a trooper out there in short sleeves. He's a real man's man!! Congrats on the article. SO COOL! Thanks for letting me vent last week your are the best. Did you find a table?