Monday, January 25, 2010

Chipmunk Cheeks

My poor Stephen. Unfortunately I cannot say he is purposefully puffing out his left cheek. Over a year ago he had a cavity filled and somehow that same cavity got infected and he swelled up last week. The pictures do not do it justice. The swelling had actually gone down quite a bit. These pictures are just before our trip to the Dentist to get it pulled. He was such a trooper! He did really well with the dentist but I could tell it was really painfull. As the Dentist finished pulling the tooth I saw tears streaming down his cheeks. He didn't full on kick and scream from the pain until I carried him out to the car. It was really sad but he put on a brave face for the doctor. I was also informed by the dentist that he will most likely need braces in the future because his mouth is too small. Yippee. Overall, not a fun visit to the dentist.















Just one question... is it wrong I am posting such non flattering pictures of my son for millions to see?:) Just too cute! I think he had a little fun when posing for me.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

poor Steve! I'm not sure about your dentists over there! It seems like we are always hearing stories about your families' teeth!! But what a strong boy!! Tell him we hope he feels better soon!

Jones Family said...

poor thing! hope he is feeling better.

Lyssa said...

Poor little guy, that looks so painful. I hope he feels better soon!

Shannon said...

That is seriously so terrible! Poor guy! I agree with the pics...he is handsome-even with a puffy cheek...and this is for YOUR records, your journaling so you can post whatever you like! :)

R B, Dawna and Jen said...

Stephen sorry to hear about your tooth. I proud you were so brave. love grandma

R B, Dawna and Jen said...

Stephen sorry to hear about your tooth. I proud you were so brave. love grandma

Outnumbered said...

poor guy! Ashton also has a small mouth so we will be in the braces boat with you.

Unknown said...

That is so sad! Hope he is feeling better now.