Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In the Spirit of Christmas..

I just wanted to mention (on a sentimental note) how blessed we have been recently...
Strangers have been incredibly thoughtful and I thought I would share.
These are just the past few instances and I am truely thankful for them.
Today while paying for our groceries an older Woman thought that Jack was really cute and kept talking to him. Later as we were leaving she gave him $5.00 so that he could pick out a toy! (Now it might have something to do with the fact that Jack's mommy was not wearing make up, hair up in a ponytail, and possibly looking a little homeless)Grateful either way!
Along with that for the past 3 nights we have been receiving gifts on our doorstep. Someone is doing the 12 days of Christmas to our family and the boys could not be more excited. Just last night we got the Living Christ in a picture frame and the boys took it all around the house trying to find the perfect spot to hang it.
Another huge blessing was that I needed to see a dentist and since we have no dental insurance right now I was calling around getting prices. Well one of the dentists I called just told me to come in for free and she would take care of me!! I could not believe it! I am so grateful and felt that I needed to share that with everyone. I hope everyone has a Wonderful Christmas!

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I love hearing the stories of giving. I got our Christmas tree for free on craigslist.

Valerie said...

P.S.
Did you get my email. I sent you my tain reservation. I'm booked and ready to come. I can't wait to play in N.Y. City with you.

The Morton's said...

That's cool! I can't even count how many times our hiney's got saved during Jared's schooling. I definitely believe God blesses you while you're trying to stay at home with kids and live off of no income! Hang in there! It will end some day! :-)

Outnumbered said...

wow! that is awesome!!

Sarah Marie said...

Thats so cool Amelia! We are so excited to see you guys next month!

Crystal said...

Wow, That sure is something special. It looks like your experience in NJ is pretty good after all. We hope you have a Merry Christmas. PS. Our gifts to you just got in the mail, so hopefully they get there soon - but don't be surprised if they're late.