Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fishing with Grandpa

For the Stimpson (my maiden name) Family Reunion we went camping in Cascade, ID. The highlights of the trip were definately fishing with Grandpa and swinging in the hammock. If you know my Dad fishing is his favorite hobby and he does it at least once a week. Growing up we always had fish frys and my Dad has cooked them about every way possible with every kind of fish. (it is sad to him that he has a daughter (me) who does not like the taste or smell of fish). Grandpa was great with the kids though and would take turns letting the kids reel in the fish. They were only little perch so the kids were able to handle it by themselves which they thought was great. Stephen also learned (thanks to his cousin Kadon) how to give bunny ears during a photo which he now thinks is hilarious.







Stephen and Kadon were pretending to be caterpillars in a cocoon.
A neighboring town near our campsite had a very nice beach area and playground for the kids so we all went there to play in the water. During lunch time Jack fell asleep while eating on the picnic bench so I layed him on a towel in the sand.
It was a great time taking the kids camping with so many cousins to play with. I think there were 17 cousins total.

2 comments:

Kluane said...

It looks like you guys are having a fun summer. Your boys are too cute, I can't beleive how much they look alike. There is no mistaking they are brothers. How was the drive to Idaho?? My boys did amazingly well when we drove to Seattle, but that was only 11 hours and Scott drove most of the way. I can't imagine doing it by myself, you are brave:)

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Glad you guys made it home safely! It was so good to see you and hang out with you guys while you were here! This post made me remember all those days at the Stimpsons when Kurt would be frying up some fish! Uggh... I hate fish smell!