Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'M SO OVER THIS...

A group of about 15 dedicated mothers risked their lives and sanity so that their children would get the wonderful opportunity of celebrating easter on the white house lawn. It was a night full of adventure and little sleep. Just looking at these photos and remembering the fun and the fatigue and all the worry (caused from the mysterious lady who joined our camp and slept in our tent with supposedly a skull crushing hammer and a mink coat makes) me think I am the best mom ever doing crazy stuff like this for my kids. Next year we will be camping right next to this sign when we are first in line for our tickets. The lady who was first this year only had to arrive at 3:00 am on Friday morning to recieve her tickets on Saturday morning.
At 4:30 a.m. we finally recieved confirmation that we would get tickets and we were not camping out in vain...

When all was said and done it was an adventurous night and we finally did get a picture of all of us by Bobby Banana. Well of course I am looking as glamerous as ever with the natural wind blown blood shot eyed look in front of the white house.

Highlights...

Bobby Banana
Val for some strange reason falling over in her camp chair
watching some people get busted for trying to cut in line
Walking the Ellipse, walking the ellipse, and finally walking the Ellipse
Julie Brady and her "I am so over this..."
Surviving the night with my skull intact
Being called high maintanence by a lady in a mink coat!!
But best of all I loved getting to know the ladies in the ward better and getting the tj's!!

4 comments:

shamers said...

i LOVED when she said you were high maintenance! that made me laugh out loud. :)

Julie said...

I had forgotten that she called you high maintenance! I do think you look glamorous in the morning!

Valerie said...

"for some strange reason" = Amelia

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Wow and I thought I was a good mother for buying Jack an Easter basket! :) And I love how you are using your blanket from high school graduation! I wonder where mine went? You need to call me soon- I haven't talked to you in forever- but I know you are busy beating people up for tickets and all so call me some time when you get a chance! :)