Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our weekend

This weekend was crazy busy but really fun. My weekend actually started Wednesday night when I found out that day that classes were not being held Thursday and Friday to allow the students to prepare for midterms. I had no midterms so I got to relax a little and it felt great.
On Friday our ward had a craft night and these are what I made. One is a countdown to Halloween and the other is a countdown to Christmas (I still have to put the numbers on my Christmas ones) They are just two blocks that flip around with numbers on all sides. I took my neighbor to the craft night with me and it was a lot of fun.







Saturday was Stephen's party and we decided to have a Halloween carnival in the backyard and hand out tickets when they won each game. They then turned in the tickets to get prizes and toys. Kind of like a Chuck E Cheese thing. I have always wanted to do this idea and got a little carried away. I recruited some young women to help me handle all the booths. When the kids were done I let them decorate their own cupcake and eat up.





This last little picture is of Jack holding our new addition to the family. Barry Reddington. He is a little gray kitty our neighbors gave us that we are recruiting to be a full time mouse hunter. Just in case the mice decide to come our way. We are being proactive. He is cute and fiesty and excretes a lot of smelly air. So he fits in well with all my boys.

1 comments:

Lyssa said...

Sounds like a fun birthday party! Amelia you are so creative and such a great Mom!