Friday, May 23, 2008

Field Trip!

While Matt's parents were in town we decided to take a day trip to Williamsburg. It was fun to walk the town and see all of the old buildings and churches. The boys liked the horses, frogs, and rabbits we found along the way more than any thing else. (imagine that) It was all really pretty and fun. We also got to watch a re-enactment where soilders marched and fired the old bayonets and cannons. Below is the Govenor's House and then the Courthouse.



For the trip we rented a van because we could not all fit in our Camry. I have never before had the desire to own a van until I rode in our rental. There is so much space!! I could actually see the appeal in getting a van. I probably also had a more favorable opinion about getting a van after trying to fit the in-laws and us in our Camry which meant me riding on the floor behind the passenger seat while being accidently kicked in the face by one of the kids. But overall it was really fun having family in town and they are welcomed back anytime...

Below is just a picture of a van (similiar to the one we rented) that to me is a symbol of maturity.

I must be growing up!

0 comments: