Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The best and worst of Cake Making...

So lately I have found it really fun to make and decorate cakes. With the help of a good friend and a mini relief society class I picked up some tips and have made a few of mine own. This is definately something I would love to become better at and develop at a more professional level.

The first cake I made here is a Lightning Mcqueen cake from the movie Cars for Jacks birthday. I cheated and bought the frosting, which melted so much it wouldn't hold up the decorations. So not the cutest cake but a good learning experience.




The second cake I had a blast with but was in a little bit of a time crunch. I felt it could have been better but still liked how it turned out. A good friend of Stephen's was having a birthday party and we volunteered to make the cake (I don't ever get to do girl cakes so this was extra fun and a lot easier than a car!).


The last cake I made for my sister's wedding!! She was very trusting to let me (who had never made any kind of decorative cake before) experiment. It was very fun and very time consumming! Not to mention stressful when the day of the wedding my own son spys cake and takes a big bite out of the top of it. Needless to say there are a few spots on the cake where the decorative flowers are there for a reason.



All of these pictures were taken with my camera phone so not the best of quality. My mom still has not sent me the pictures from her camera of the wedding cake so I had to use this lower quality one...(mom that is a hint and reminder...I love you)

4 comments:

Lyssa said...

Amelia-you are so talented! I think all of the cakes turned out really great!

Laura & Tyson said...

Wow that's really cool you made your sisters wedding cake! I don't think I could have the guts to do that.

Cederberg Family said...

Hey girl!!!! How the heck are you? I am so excited that I found your blog!!! I saw some pictures of your family on Matt's facebook.... Your boys are so cute!!! And you look great also!!! I am so glad that we can catch up now!!!!! My blog address is:http://happylifefunnymoments.blogspot.com/ I hope to hear from you!!

Cederberg Family said...

By the way cute cakes!! Great job!!